CyberARTS Emblem

CyberARTS Emblem

Friday, April 27, 2012

Life is Still Life

 This is my still life project entitled "Life is Still Life", it features a stuffed rabbit and the skull of a coyote. The conceptual design for this was to place the objects close to the bottom and right portions of the paper, leaving the fabric to draw your eye inwards on the top left portion. I tried to use a mixture of shades to create depth in my image. By making certain parts darker and certain parts lighter a feeling of realism is achieved, I feel, and by creating purposely darker shadows outside of the objects it makes them pop and come out more. Seeing this finished product I would have decided to focus more on the shading rather than trying to create the objects I saw, as I now realize shading is a very important tool for creating both depth and realism, especially in pencil. I could have done improved shading by being more patient with my fabric instead of trying to fill it in faster, this would have made it look less scratchy and more like actual fabric. I am pleased with the result and I feel it was a good effort on my part because I learned more than I knew before starting. I enjoy doing projects where I don't entirely understand certain parts because then in producing the error it gives me an opportunity to effectively learn from what I did "wrong". Most importantly though, I enjoyed doing this project and I look forward to creating more works which I can look back on when my skills have further increased.

1 comment:

  1. A great sense of drama in this piece. I fear for the bunny!

    ReplyDelete