CyberARTS Emblem

CyberARTS Emblem

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Shaun of the Dead Movie Trailer Remake

This is the original trailer for Shaun of the Dead



This is the remade version of the same trailer. I chose to create a more serious rendition of the comedy movie. Although the plot would be relatively parallel, the mood has been drastically changed. I managed to achieve this by using a distinct soundtrack behind my chosen clips, the song being Karma Police by Radiohead. I concluded that if I put it on Youtube I have a chance of being reported for copyright infringement on the basis of the movie, however I am certain that Radiohead would not try and remove my audio as well. Regardless, I decided to choose the scenes that I chose simply because they were the most realistic considering very few parts of this movie were in any way real. I debated on doing a voiceover but due to my pre-mature voice I decided it would be best not to. This choice ended up working better as the lack of narration and pure music engages the viewer and helps convey the mood that I was aiming for. I would have to say that I am satisfied with the outcome although I am aware it would have been preferable to also change the plot more significantly. Since this is my first experience with editing clips and audio I can only say that I am proud of my finished product and I hope you enjoy it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment